You are searching about Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives, today we will share with you article about Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives is useful to you.
Healing Properties of Indonesian Spices
It is already known that the land of Indonesia is very prosperous for spices. That’s why long ago it attracted many foreign countries like China, Arabia, Portugal, Spain, UK and Holland to come here to trade or conquer it. It is also the reason that Indonesian food is rich in spices and herbs such as: ginger, turmeric, various types of galangal, shallots, garlic, nutmeg, cloves. There are also fresh leaf seasonings such as lemongrass, lemon basil (aka kemangi), kaffir lime, dawn salaam (type of bay leaf), turmeric, etc. And of course chili. Not only do these spices make food delicious, but they are also part of the herbal treasures that are useful for medicine. As part of modern medical treatment, people in Indonesia have already used herbs and spices for traditional medicine.
Here are some spices among others that can be used for medicine:
– Clove, which is a native spice from Indonesia and used as an ingredient in cuisine all over the world, has many beneficial uses especially for medicinal treatment. According to the FAO, Indonesia produced almost 80% of the world’s clove production in 2005, followed at a distance by Madagascar and Tanzania. In India, cloves are used in Ayurveda called Lavang, while in Chinese and the West they use it as an analgesic (pain reliever) for dental emergencies. Cloves are also used as a carbonate, to increase hydrochloric acid in the stomach and to improve peristalsis. It is known as a natural anthelmintic (medicines that expel parasitic worms (helminths) from the body, either by stunning them or by killing them). Cloves contain an essential oil (essential oil), also a number of some good chemical compounds. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), clove is one of the most widely used herbal medicines in the world. As in Indonesia, this spice has been used medicinally since ancient times. In the right measure along with other herbs, clove can cure toothache, heavy cough, malaria fever, menstrual pain and also solve the problem of bad breath.
– Ginger is widely used throughout the country either for cooking or for medicinal purposes. There is a special drink in Central Java called ‘Wedang Ronde’ which is made from ginger and peanuts and is good for treating sore throat. Ginger is also good for increasing the body’s endurance, treating colds, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness and fever.
– Galangal (Kaempferia galangal), like ginger, is also good to increase the body’s resistance, against bad breath, to treat inflammation of the stomach, nausea, vomiting and cold.
– Turmeric has many health benefits. Apart from being widely used as a food coloring and being one of the main ingredients in curry powder, it is also used for traditional medicines intended to maintain good health and beauty. Turmeric has long been used in medicine as an anti-inflammatory, to treat digestive disorders (stomach upset, gas, colic) and liver problems, to prevent bacterial infection in wounds, and to treat skin conditions and wound healing. It is also good for treating irregular menstruation and leucorrhoea for women. Other benefits are body warming and smooth blood circulation. A significant amount of research has been done on the anti-cancer potential of turmeric. Evidence from laboratory and animal studies suggests that turmeric has potential in the treatment of various cancers, including prostate, breast, skin, and colon. Human studies will be necessary before it is known to what extent these results may apply to humans.
– Another Indonesian spice that is good for food ingredients but also for health is lemongrass or Indonesian call it “Sereh” or “Serai”. Lemongrass is widely used as an herb in Asian cuisine. It has a citrus flavor and can be dried and powdered or used fresh. It is commonly used in teas, soups and curries. Research also shows that lemongrass oil has antifungal properties. Lemongrass has many good properties such as treating headache, muscle and joint pain, nerve pain, rheumatism, sore throat, irritable bowel syndrome, gastroenteritis, stomachache, flatulence, diarrhea, stomachache, irregular menstruation, bad breath, increases appetite, cures swollen gums, toothache. There is a traditional drink from West Java called ‘Bandrek’ which is made from lemongrass stick. It is good to warm the body.
Despite the above spices, there are still many herbs and spices in Indonesia that have great benefits for one’s health. Just use them with the correct measurement/dosage.
Video about Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives
You can see more content about Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives
If you have any questions about Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives
Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives
way Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives
tutorial Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives
Animal Research The Good The Bad And The Alternatives free
#Healing #Properties #Indonesian #Spices